Buckhead is everything you thought it would be and then some. It’s classy, chic, posh, ritzy, lavish and any other adjective you can think of along the same vein. And yet Buckhead manages to match every bit of extravagance with equal amounts of elegance; overindulgence with graceful opulence. In a way, Buckhead is like its own unofficial city (Buckhead district itself is made up of 42 neighborhoods) in that it has a mix of everything you could ever need—major offices, fashionable upscale shopping, award-winning and trend-setting culinary experiences, glamorous entertainment scenes, world-class hotel accommodation, luxury living and everything else in between. In Buckhead you’ll often find yourself dining, drinking and dancing with Atlanta’s elite as the backdrop of urban landmarks surround you. Buckhead is to Atlanta what Beverly Hills is to Los Angeles: it’s a road paved for Atlanta’s affluent, where the young and the old both come to live, work and play in the most sophisticated way.
POPULAR PROPERTY STYLES: MANSIONS & HIGHRISES
what to expect
a taste for the finer things in life
some of the most expensive in the market
what not to expect
you will love
shopping & food
Welcome to buckhead atlanta
Buckhead is Atlanta’s other downtown, yet despite this, it’s still considered one of the most significant business and commercial centers in the Southeast. The district has one of the country’s largest concentration of urban mixed-use developments, thanks to the apartment and condo boom of the past few years. With the highest real estate prices in Metro Atlanta, luxury living in Buckhead is reserved for those who have a high net worth. Those who do have the money to spend can choose from the many condos or hotel residences that are densely packed along major commercial arteries like Peachtree Road or from the stately mansions that lie in some of the quieter, more residential areas like North Buckhead.
Buckhead in Numbers
- Over 83,000 people call Buckhead home (it’s the 12th largest urban center in Georgia); this number soars to over 140,000 during the daytime
- Buckhead accounts for 19% of Atlanta’s population and 20% of Atlanta’s housing units
- Buckhead accounts for almost 40% of Atlanta’s homes valued at over $500,000
- Buckhead in the 1980s accounted for 2/3 of then-all new residential development in Atlanta
- Buckhead is Atlanta’s other skyline, made up of over 50 highrise office buildings, hotels, and condominiums
- The tallest building in Buckhead is the 50-story 3344 Peachtree building (The SOVEREIGN) standing at 635 feet
- One of Buckhead’s most recent developments is Buckhead Atlanta, opened in 2014, which encompasses 8 blocks of mixed-use development
- There are over 1,500 retail outlets in Buckhead alone, generating over $1 billion in revenue each year
- Buckhead has 1 five-diamond hotel (The St. Regis Atlanta) and 5 four-diamond hotels (the Mandarin Oriental among them)
- There are more than 5,000 hotel rooms in Buckhead
- There are more than 10,000 rental apartments and condos in Buckhead
- Buckhead has two high-end luxury shopping malls (Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza)
- There are nearly 300 places to eat a meal or grab a drink in Buckhead alone
- Buckhead has 3 MARTA stations and 2 MARTA rail lines
- There are 15 streets in Buckhead with the name “Peachtree” (more than any other place in town!)
Buckhead Atlanta homes & condos for rent or sale
[showcaseidx shortcode encountered an error]
Get IN Touch
© 2023. All Rights Reserved, KORA, LLC.
33 S. Main Street Suite 201 Alpharetta GA 30009 | Direct 404.396.8000 | Office 770.475.0505
© 2001 - 2022. All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994. © 2016 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently operated subsidiary of HomeServices of America, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate, and a franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire HathawayHomeServices symbol are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc. ® Equal Housing Opportunity.
Designed by Social WebStore